FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where Can I Take My Daughter In Winter?
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:21 pm
TheCanuckian

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you can get in by then, Spain is generally warmish even in winter. Barcelona is a fascinating city and you could rent a car for part of the time to explore different regions and their own cultures.

Portugal is another warmish possibility, although my impression is that the southern area basically closes in low season, so you could see Lisbon and then drive up to Porto, stopping in a couple historic/university/fishing towns along the way.

Turkey is currently open even to USA people, although most of the islands close for low season.

I've found that most of Japan and South Korea have springlike temperatures with beautiful fall leaves around USA Thanksgiving and Christmas. In the daytime, you can walk around in a wool sweater and/or light jacket, although there's a risk of snow of course.
That's really helpful. Thank you! I've been to Seoul around [Canadian] Thanksgiving and it was perfect. I'll look to see what it would be like in December. Japan, too. And yes, I'll look at Spain. Appreciate it!