FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seats are NOT being blocked on all flights.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:42 pm
AS Flyer

Originally Posted by ijkh
So flyupfront? Are you are safe because you are taking the "hydroxychloroquine" or you just never have gotten sick? I hope you fly a lot and keep AS in business. I for one will defer until travel in total is less risky. I prefer blocking middle seats. Money is not as important to me as my health and peace of mind. If I want to be in a cattle car there are low cost carriers. If you believe this is a hoax, man are you misinformed. I am no expert but, a licensed healthcare provider and you are too?

AS block the seats! No bait and switch.
First, you're taking this in a direction that several people AND the moderator have asked all of us not to. The bottom line is flyupfront is wearing their mask. I don't care what reason they are wearing it or what their personal stance on the Covid is - the bottom line is that this person is wearing their mask. End of story. It doesn't matter to me what their personal feelings are as long as they're participating in safety protocols asked of them - and they are. Stop shaming someone for not feeling the exact same way you do if they're still doing what we would want them to do.

Second, AS is not baiting and switching anyone. If anyone cares to read, the information is there for anyone to see. They attempt to block middle seats but on certain occasions will seat someone in a middle seat. They don't promise anyone middle seats will be open - though they usually are. I have yet to be on a flight where someone was forced to sit next to someone they didn't know, though I understand it has happened.

Finally, if you are a health care professional than you should know that the 17 inches provided by leaving a middle seat open is a far cry from the 6 feet social distancing recommended by the CDC and the WHO. The reality is this - though I've heard many stories of groups of people becoming ill after attending a party or a church service, I've not read one story about a planeload of passengers becoming sick after flying with someone that has Covid. The two HEPA filters on each airplane along with mask wearing and an increased focus on cleaning between each flight seem to be working towards creating a pretty safe environment.