FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Citizen UK -> AMS -> US Two Itinerary Advice Needed
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:38 am
dantheflyingman

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No-one has a crystal ball so nobody can tell you what the situation will be like in late September or October. However, I think the chances are quite good that the reciprocal travel bans that the US and EU have on each others' citizens will still be in force.

I would advise you, therefore, to focus your trip on the UK only, and to change your return leg such that it departs from the UK.

This is not a time to be dealing with separate tickets; even though both you and I know that your intention is not to enter the Netherlands, you run a very real risk of being thwarted in your travels.

Now, more than ever, book all travel on a single ticket. I would strongly advise you to change your open-jaw to a simple return.
Thanks, mate. That is what I suspected would be prudent. Now to see if I can convince Delta to add a leg without repricing the entire itinerary (obviously not anything this forum can comment on) - fortunately, there have been about a bazillion schedule changes since I first bought the ticket.