FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Citizen UK -> AMS -> US Two Itinerary Advice Needed
Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:19 pm
dantheflyingman

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
US Citizen UK -> AMS -> US Two Itinerary Advice Needed

Hello all, I suspect I already know the answer; however, I'd like to confirm with minds more familiar with KLM than I am.

I am currently booked to fly US -> UK and then AMS -> US in late September/early October. Flights all DL-ticketed on DL metal except for JFK -> LHR (on VS).

Under my original (read: pre-COVID) plan, I was planning to take the train from London to Amsterdam and visit some friends before my flight back to the US. Now, that plan is bunk.

So here is my question:

If I buy a one-way ticket on KLM from London to AMS, will simply having a ticket (same day) departing AMS on a separate (but still SkyMiles) itinerary be enough to be allowed to board the flight? Or will the lack of continuing flight on the KLM itinerary be disqualifying?

I'm hoping yes, otherwise, I'll have to spend some quality time on the phone with Delta.