FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "No mask, no travel, no exceptions"
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:40 am
DuckFlyer

Programs: AS 100k, UA Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Great. If you can’t wear a mask for “valid medical reasons” (still haven’t found any reputable sources that someone can’t wear a mask but whatever), you shouldn’t be flying in a pandemic. Some decisions are best made outside the hands of the individual.

The faster we curb the spread the faster we can redeem miles on AS long haul partners FFS
I would state this exactly the opposite. Individuals are ALWAYS the ones who should make decisions for themselves and for their family, not the government. This wonderful country was founded on rugged individualism.

In this case I have no problem with private businesses enforcing a requirement for masks (although if we are honest with ourselves the airlines are doing this for liability protection and no other reason). My family and I will be abiding by this private business mandate and will be wearing masks on our upcoming AS flights and then summarily removing them the second we cross through the airport exit to the outdoors. Others will choose to keep them on all the way through to their rental car (and including while they drive) and that is okay. Both positions should be supported with graciousness.