FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need additional nights to get or maintain status (General Discussion)
Old Aug 5, 2020, 5:53 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Anh5oi
Does anyone know some cheap hotels I can booked in certain states that I can check in online to get my 75 nights requirement for Titanium status for next year?
i only need 12 more nights.
Just out of interest, and I'm not criticising because we all have our own goals, (a) what status are you currently this year?; and (b) what incremental benefit do you expect to get next year by being Titanium over whatever lesser elite status level you are this year?

Because:

* If you're Titanium this year then Bonvoy is already giving you an additional year of Titanium benefits next year.
* If you're Titanium and after the 75-night free night gift then spending on 12 nights to get one free one wouldn't seem like good value.
* If you're Platinum, then you've already re-qualified, Bonvoy is giving you an additional year anyway, and the point above regarding spending on 12 to get one free still applies.
* You've got your Platinum Lifetime year already this year and they're not counting Titanium Lifetime years because it doesn't exist.

I just don't want you to go to a lot of effort or cost to get these 12 qualifying nights this year when I'm struggling to see the value for next year in doing so. But you could have a plan that makes perfect sense, hence my questions at the top.