FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Customer-unfriendly decision: 120-minute delay for a full refund
Old Aug 3, 2020, 9:27 pm
BRITINJAPAN4

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by smartytravel
We seem to be talking past each other.
1. What low prices are we talking about? Can I, like in Europe, fly the distance equal to London-Athens in the US, and still pay $20-$100? No. The same distance in the US would be $200-300. US airlines just feed everyone with crap about the choice between cheap prices and no-frills flying. OK, semantics, LOWER Prices It is a nonsense to compare markets, do you think it should be a price per KM anywhere in the world ?

2. If I want flexibility for MY OWN choices, then I purchase my own fully changeable and refundable ticket. However, I’m typically very set and certain about my decisions and I purchase flights based on specific departure and arrival times. Why am I being penalized and forced to accept something that the AIRLINE decides to do? If they want flexibility, they need to pay to passengers. The payment here is the full refund to passengers who do not agree to new departure or arrival times.
Because it is rarely what the airline WANTS to do, it is normally (always exceptions )in their best interests to have to whole network schedule running 100% on time, anyone with any understanding knows that is simply impossible.

If you are set in your requirements then for you, the higher far , less restrictions is the way to go, for others where price is paramount , they are happy to save something and risk a two hour delay, Horses for couses.

It seem you want your cake and eat it, You want to be able to cancel if any delay, well you can, but you simply think its too expensive. And yet your complaint is against the airline that seems to be the most customer friendly in this regard, at least in the USA.