FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss / ZRH: Travel experience in during COVID [mask mandate etc]
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:02 am
WannabeSE

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Travelled YYC-ORD-ZRH-PRG on Sat/Sun. ORD-ZRH-PRG on LX. My first time using T5 in ORD and the concourse leaves much to be desired, most of the window seats are near the end of the moving walkways with that annoying announcement that repeats every 15 seconds. Also it was basically impossible not be a gate lice as the announcements from the GA were inaudible anywhere than right beside the gate due to the stupid moving sidewalk warning. The long haul flight was one of the best flights I've had in a while in terms of service and quality of food and drink. There was one person in F, maybe 15 in C, 80-100 in Y? I sat in the mini cabin behind F. There were two other pax in 4A and 5A and the guy in F was in 1A. So the closest person to me was about 20 feet away. No one walked by my seat for the entire flight until the F flight attendant was putting away bedding before landing. Unfortunately my seat (5K) had a deflated seat cushion shortly after dinner and I was unable to fix, so I moved to 5G to sleep and then 4K for breakfast with a view. They woke me up exactly 39 minutes before landing for breakfast, just impeccable service really. I had so many trips back from the flight attendant to refill wine that I could barely drink it all. And I needed to be well rested on arrival so I had to cut myself off. The only thing to detract from the experience was that the door at the bottom of the exit stairs from the gate in ZRH was locked so instead of being the first off the plane I ended up being near the last as no one was coming, I walked all the way back to the jetbridge to get someone to open the door for us. I ended up in a huge slow moving line into transfer security as only one channel was open most of the time. I didn't bother to visit the lounge between flights as all I wanted was some water. The Schengen gate area (A) was very busy. The flight from ZRH-PRG was upgauged from A220 to A320 and even that was 95% full. We had a nice snack on the short hop from ZRH-PRG. Here are some photos from the journey. One thing I didn't take a photo of but is worth mentioning is that there was a woman on the ORD-ZRH flight decked out in full Tyvek bunny suit including shoes. But no face shield or gloves. Not sure what she was trying to do except maybe sweat off a few pounds.
Are you a resident of Europe? I was scheduled on the same route but my interpretation of the transit rules did not allow me to go via the USA. Instead I took YYC-YUL-ZRH-PRG. The LX long haul between YUL-ZRH was amazing, and there were 4 passengers in Business. Much better way to cross the pond than AC.