FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which countries are open for US tourists?
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:13 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PointsPanda
Brazil opened to foreigners as of Thursday, you will need health insurance but its not clear what type. Reported on one mile at a time.

I'll probably be heading down in a month or two once the insurance requirements are clearer. Wide open award space with Delta Skymiles 77k Aeromexico in J from Mexico City to Sao Paolo. Super tempting.

For those about to regurgitate media propaganda about covid risk etc etc, just consider that even in places having a breakout maybe 1-2% of people are infected at any given time and truthfully if you're going to Brazil Covid is just one of a bazillion risks (crime, robbery, dengue, zika, being scammed etc). You gotta be pretty risk tolerant to head to Brazil anytime. But the country is just amazing! 😍

I'm going!
The latest round of schedule changes has a DL nonstop flight to GRU. I haven't looked for (D1) award availability, nor do I plan to go to Brazil.

BTW, I'm not sure the beaches in Brazil are ever closed. You just walk onto the sand; there are no barriers. The little F&B stands could be forced to close and the places that rent lounge chairs and umbrellas too, but anyone can enter the Rio beaches freely.