FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2020 master thread
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:42 pm
Schweden

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Montreal Aeroport

- What is your ALL status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Base room, no upgrade.

- How are the rooms? Aging

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Does the room still having a pen and notepad count?

Bad: No upgrade to executive room despite 45% occupancy. No welcome drink vouchers. No elite recognition at all. Sketchy public WiFi. OTAs selling rooms for cheaper a few day after I booked and was outside the 24hr BRG.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? None.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Nope. Second time here and just as mediocre.

Is there a point in complaining about the lack of benefits or will everything be excused by covid? I only stayed here as I wanted to extend my Accor points expiry before the extension came along. Rubbing salt into the wound was that Hilton was great the night before and the Novotel ended up pricing similar to much better Hilton/Marriott properties with flexible cancellations.