FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates COVID test and other questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:05 pm
Flywiz

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by Flywiz
I am booked to travel ORD-DXB ON 19 August. It’s a Wednesday​​​​​, so T-96 has a weekend in there. I have been calling every listed lab number in Chicago and so far nobody is able to confirm PCR test results in 96 hours. Most test centres just collect samples and send them to a lab for analysis. These labs are few and far between. Lately test results “in 3-5 days” has changed to “5-7 days” because of backlog.

Called EK and the guy had no answer. He said I wasn’t the only one and there are many calls coming in on this subject. They just don’t know the answer.

Haven’t got a clue how we are going to make this flight!

Update:
Called EK today and it seems 96 hour COVID test is the hot button issue. According to the call centre they have been getting lots of calls re flights from Philippines and USA where test results are not available within 96 hours.

The agent told me they have an internal circular saying that this issue had been raised with Abu Dhabi but the government came back insisting on 96 hour test window. So at the moment the only solution is that EK is changing flight dates without penalty for those who couldn’t manage test results in 96 hours. Wonder how Etihad is faring.

This is a helluva way to travel!