FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Un ballo in maschera?!
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2020, 4:10 pm
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Villa Crespi

Villa Crespi was an interesting hotel from the beginning as the design looked unique, it has a 2 star restaurant and it gets good reviews at the Luxury Forum. The reason I didnīt book it first time was I already booked 4 different hotels and we thought it would be unconveniant to drive directly from Germany to it. Shortly before I booked FS Geneva I saw they offered quite good rates. Also Iīm irritated by meal prices in Switzerland. While I get a 2 star meal in Italy for around 150 €, the easyly Claim 300 CHF in Switzerland.…..
In the end I booked Crespi, especially as my GF is an Orient fan, you will understand later. As a room I choosed Rania suite, one of theit 2 Master suites. The other Master Suite is Sheherazade. While both suites share the same floor plan and more or less furniture in different colors Rania is located at the first floor and Sheherazade at the second. Price diiference was over 250 € per night and I didnīt see the reason to pay the premium.
Before our Arrival I was very unsure as it was our first stay under new circumstances and especially in Italy. When we arrived our fears were washed away. While staff had masks on only few guests had. We were greated very friendly, our car was parked around the corner and check-in very fast after we had send copies of our ID-cards via E-Mail. We were shown our room and it was really unique. We both liked it. What you mustnīt expect is a large park or pool. Itīs both not there. Also the hotel is located at a street, so not very silent. Nevertheless we didnīt have any noise problems. Service was very attentive all the time, really a pleasure. Here some pictures:
The building and park:

The lobby and hallways and bar:

Our suite:

Breakfast was served in room and just OK. It was perhaps the weakest part.

Will report about the restaurant later