FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone get suspicious login attempts recently? (United related)
Old Jul 31, 2020, 10:17 am
RNE

Originally Posted by quantumslip
Recently I got a recovery attempt from the middle east on my Google account (account recovery). I of course denied that request. Then I got an identity alert from a monitoring service that a password has been found/compromised. Unfortunately the site does not show even parts of the password so it was difficult for me to find out what logon was compromised and I did not want to change all my passwords. However it does show the length, so on a hunch I looked at my password vault. I actually found that the length I had used was unique, and found only one site that used it: my United account. I've since immediately change my password. Since the login ID that they referenced in the ID alert was my email and not my FF number, I'm not sure how they got the password. Maybe I typed it in somewhere on an unsecure machine or it got captured from some other location or it got lifted from my clipboard unknowingly, though it's been a long time since I've used the United site because of the current situation so who knows where it came from.
Let me see if I understand this. You do ***not*** have any knowledge that anyone ***actually*** attempted to or did access your United account, correct?