FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2020 master thread
Old Jul 30, 2020, 1:01 pm
Admiral Ackbar
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Fairmont Chateau Laurier

- Name of the hotel: Fairmont Chateau Laurier

- What is your ALL status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No-ish

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? This was booked using Fairmont BOGO offer. Got upgrade to canal view deluxe room

- How are the rooms? Room was typical Fairmont renovated deluxe with sitting area and desk. Canal view is lovely and room also had 2 bathrooms which was practical.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Location, valet staff

Bad: Got a sense that staff was not trained very well and there was a much different vibe than at Chateau Frontenac above. Hotel was completely empty and did not have as much going on as Chateau Frontenac. i think this may be because less locals are going to Quebec City than Ottawa. Got no questions about my stay or thanks when I checked out. Kind of weird vibe overall.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I was told drink vouchers were unavailable since the bar was closed, but when I pointed out the hotel had an outdoor patio bar running they said they were not giving vouchers. The agent made it kind of seem like because of COVID, ALL perks were suspended. Quite a contrast to Chateau Frontenac once again. I find Chateau Laurier quite hit-and-miss in there approach to Platinum members

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Standard value for money but will be staying at Novotel (half price even with Fairmont BOGO!) in late August when I return to Ottawa