FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many trips have you taken since Corona "took hold"?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 12:17 am
Presguy

How many trips have you taken since Corona "took hold"?

I'm going out on a limb here, since there's so much potential for responses to be greeted by... unkind questioning of motivation. But I'm hoping the mods will will give it a shot to run for a bit. If they feel otherwise, I totally understand.

Since "the start" of corona, how many *individual* flight segments have you been on?

For purposes of this question, lets stick to segments, not overall trips, on commercial carriers (not charter or private), and not distinguish between domestic and international - since that begins to get complicated fast.

As for start date, I've chose March 15th. Not out of some grand scientific analyses - simply because that, in my mind, was around when the US really started locking down (LA and NY), and the talk of "hotspots" began. But, if you've got a compelling reason there should be a different date.. I'm all ears.

For me, as of this evening, 71 segments. I've actually gone from being no-status on AA and Southwest to Gold and A-list, respectively, during corona. (and with no meaningful volume of activity on either beforehand).

It's my sincere hope we can enjoy this thread - if you feel someones particular post exhibits a travel behavior which contrasts what you deem prudent behavior, I understand, but would hope that conversation can be contained elsewhere.