FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico refuses to refund, any guidance?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:46 pm
atcanobbio

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Cellyn
I don't know if this is the appropriate thread, but I'm confused about AM's flexibility waiver. I booked tickets before March 2020 for travel in November 2020, specifically to visit a particular tiny resort. That resort has since cancelled my reservation because they aren't planning to re-open by then. I'm also not entirely comfortable traveling internationally this year. I'd like to reschedule for next spring, but the guidance on the site says that for tickets booked before March, travel needs to be complete by August 31. Since my original travel wasn't even scheduled before August 31, why on earth would I be required to move it earlier? Worse yet, I booked through Expedia because I couldn't get AM to pull up the right flights online, and of course they aren't offering any flexibility beyond what is spelled out in the policy, regardless of how much sense it doesn't make.

Am I missing something here or should I just wait to see what happens after August 31?
It seems you have until August 31st, 2021. I would call or chat (twitter or whatsapp) with AM and confirm with them. They won't be able to change your ticket since Expedia issued it but they might clarify what your options are.

Tickets purchased before March 1, 2020

• The waiver is valid for original tickets that have been purchased before March 1, 2020.
  • Impacted travel dates: from March 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020.
  • Ticket issuing allowed until April 30, 2021.
  • The rescheduled trip must take place before August 31, 2021.