FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico refuses to refund, any guidance?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:40 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
this is a new cancellation policy that I brought up a page or two back. It only applies for tickets booked after July 1st. Anything issued before July 1st, crappy rules apply
Well that's BS. Not that I don't believe you but where did you see the after Jul 1. How the hell can they justify that I must fly before Aug 31, 2020 (which I'm now seeing on a diff page)? We don't even know if the borders will be open, I know Colombia isn't opening their border until Sep 1. Right now Aeromexico is only flying like 2/3x to YVR, so what if those don't work with my availability or if they're sold out somehow...

So let's assume I can't fly by then...which I'm pretty sure I won't be able to...are they gonna just call my flight like "used and finished"? Which is really disingenuous.

It's hilarious that they're offering people who buy now better terms. I understand why companies do that of course, but it's total BS. I have 3-4 tickets all booked before this arbitrary cutoff they've imposed. So I guess I'm supposed to fly 3-4 round trips to SOMEWHERE, with quarantine rules, all in the next 34 days? Yea...that makes sense.

I may still call these guys, but it might only serve to anger me further, I just feel like I should give them oneeee more chance to make me a reasonable offer before I go crying to the government. I'm blown away by the lack of Amex's pushback on this. I've always had confidence that CC companies would do right by you in instances of theft/fraudulent purchases/things like this. Their duty is to me, not saving Aeromexico's ..., and from the looks of things, they basically took ANYTHING Aeromexico said and just ran with it. I could've saved them 4 weeks of waiting to tell them what AM was gonna say.