FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Poughkeepsie, NY - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:42 am
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Aventine
I would be curious to see some pics.
The photos off their website do a decent job of showing the rooms; looks like most of them were taken from the side facing Route 9 given the trees shown through the windows (which are about 3/4 of the floor height; it was nice to have a lot of light in the room and no annoying and loud a/c unit next to the bed).

I would be interested if someone in the future could post a review of either the King (Corner) or extra large Double Queen suites as the photos are lacking for those.

Originally Posted by River in Sight
If at this hotel I highly recommend Walkway Over the Hudson which is right up Route 9 and is a beautiful pedestrian walkway over the Hudson River on an old railroad bridge.
We street parked (free) on the Highland (West) side and walked to the Poughkeepsie side and back. I believe there's better parking on that side and the restrooms at the old train station at the start of the walkway were very clean and well-maintained.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's good to learn about this hotel. 3 or 4 years ago, we visited the Hudson Valley. I had a hard time finding a pleasant, affordable hotel, let alone one where I could use points. There is a lot to do in the area that makes a multi day stay worthwhile.
Our original reservation was for the Hyatt House in Fishkill, which, as you may remember, is in an industrial area with a Sam's Club and WalMart across the street and a bunch of other hotels and fast food next to it. While it would have been nice to have a full fridge and dining table, I liked being further up North and also in a new build hotel. The other chains in the area that I saw were Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, and Holiday Inn Express.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 27, 2020 at 11:19 am