FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:16 am
lkar

I have two tickets booked for October and I am not going to take the trip. I texted this weekend to have the miles refunded and they want to charge me $100. The fights had changed from NRT to HND a few months ago which I hoped would allow me a free redeposit. But they say that since I didn’t call in right away when the flight changed I am deemed to have accepted it. It really seems wrong that they are demanding to take $100 in new money while telling me the $550 in taxes can take 120 days, and they also are still holding a refund from a different flight since April.

One of the legs is IAH to HND, which ANA has been suspending month to month on a rolling basis, so I think there is still some chance that it will cancel and I can get a free redeposit. How long can I let this go? Can I wait right up until the flight to cancel and redeposit for a fee? I can’t seem to see anything in the terms.

Alternatively, I want to try this trip again in October 2021. Availability won’t open for a while and certainly not until after I have to cancel this trip. Is there a way for me to cancel this ticket, leave it open, use for 10/21 if I find availability, but redeposit the miles if I do not? Does it have to be the exact same itinerary?