FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:50 am
cwl

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Is the Book with Confidence policy for BA holiday reservations booked post 11th June to Spain still minimum 3 weeks to claim a voucher or change dates?

The Book with Confidence policy T & C page is unchanged although the travel news update at ba.com as at 11.41am today states a more liberal commercial policy may now be in place:

"If you no longer wish to travel to Spain from the UK, or travel from Spain to the UK, you can claim a voucher for future travel here. "

I have a Barcelona flight with linked car hire (therefore a "holiday") departing 20th August. Does this mean my last date to use the Book with Confidence guarantee for my reservation is this coming Thursday? Or can I sit it out in hope BA cancel the flight? Don't fancy risking losing the Book with confidence option in case flights don't get cancelled. I appreciate BA is still claiming flights to Spain will not be cancelled but I guess that is likely to be a changing situation especially to Barcelona with multi flights per day and Catalunya being the current Spanish Covid19 epicentre.

The reservation was made in the knowledge of the potential situation which has arisen in Spain and the limitations of the Book with Confidence guarantee. Just want to know what deadlines I'm working with to make a decision.