FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please clarify the current entry rules
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:25 pm
tecate55

Originally Posted by ebayj
stuff
*If* the UK allows EU study permit arrivals from USA, they still require quarantine. They probably won't be happy if you're boarding a train (ie: public transport) during quarantine time instead of an immediate flight out. I haven't followed much UK handling of foreign travellers, but I'm not sure if UK lets you skip quarantine if you present a negative test. And unsure what their policy on transit is, and what a French study permit means to them.

If she's allowed to enter and connect in UK, why not book a flight from LHR to CDG or NICE instead of training to Paris and then to ???? Separate tickets might create an issue in the UK though re: quarantine. Dunno how baggage works there if you're connecting on a separate ticket.

While it sounds like a negative COVID-19 PCR test will be the best option to avoid quarantine *In France*, "These provisions provide that the presentation of a negative PCR test taken less than 72 hours before the traveller’s arrival on French territory exempts them from the quarantine requirement.". If it has to be taken within 72 hours of arrival, and it will already take ~12hrs+ to get there under the best circumstances... that doesn't leave a lot of time for the actual test to be conducted and results forwarded. Depends on your local area's testing capacity.

And how soon is this? Rules keep changing. It seems like it will be a lot fewer issues if she gets directly between USA and France/coreEU without non-EU transits.

I'd try to do SFO-CDG, then TGV to Menton (about 8 hours, but could enjoy some time in Paris). Or SFO-AMS-NCE or SFO-CDG-NCE then train to Menton (5 EUR train after the 1 EUR ride to the station from NCE airport)

Last edited by tecate55; Jul 25, 2020 at 11:47 pm