FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Hertz Website Issues" Thread
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:12 am
bambinomartino

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Beyond frustrated.

I would log into the website, and would be signed out during the (few minutes long) session, weirdest thing.

BUT what really got me was I made a reservation and chose "pay now", saving $30 or so, why not. The reservation was completed, and at no point did I have to input my email address or my credit card. I got the confirmation email, and the pending charge on my card. Logged in later that evening to see my reservation. Not there. App? Not there. When I called them, they basically told me that I had not logged in when I made the reservation. Given the way it was processed, I call BS. Apparently no way to link the reservation to my membership ID after the fact (really??) and a ton of money to add an extra driver.

Anyway, I cancelled the reservation. Lady on the phone told me if I do it within the first 24 hours there are no fees, etc. I didn't have time to read the T&C, really hope she was right about that. Made another reservation through the app, that seems to have worked properly.

Oh, and the app spits out error messages, but when I click/tap a second time to ask it to do the thing it just refused... it miraculously happens. I just can't! Ton of work, trying to get things set up before I go on my vacation in a day, this is the last thing I had time for. I always have time to post on here and vent though. Ha.