FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-Airport Hertz Locations in San Francisco?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 5:29 pm
mstraveler

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any experience during Covid times. Am planning to drive to Park City UT in later September rather than flying. Am a 30+ plus Hertz gold club, now Presidents Circle member. Almost 100% of our rentals have been in airports all this time but now I would rather go to a local SF location than brave the airport. Mason St. looks like the best bet for getting a good car - PC or not. Thoughts or experience about this?

If I am reading the cancellation policy correctly is Hertz now charging $100 for reservations cancelled anytime up to travel outside of 24 hours?!? There have never been cancellations like this. Am I missing something here? (And yes, I know they are in bankruptcy and selling stock not withstanding, are not in good shape.). They have always been good to me and I love the cars and service over the years but wondering if I should go with another company closer to where I live.