FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris Orly Flights from USA?
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:45 am
DrOFlyGeek

Originally Posted by AIflyer
When arriving in France u are required to sign an "International Travel Certificate To Mainland France from a Third Country" declaration which is on the France Interior Ministry Government website. The requirements to enter France from outside the EU are very clear:

This certificate must be presented to transportation companies, before boarding, by passengers travelling to mainland France. It must also be presented to border control authorities.
To be filled in by the traveller:
I, the undersigned,
Ms/Mr:
Born on:
Nationality:
Residing:
Certify that my travel motivations are matching one of the following (check the box):

[ ] French nationals, accompanied by their spouse and children;

[ ] European Union nationals and nationals from Andorra, United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, and the Holy See, having their primary residence in France or transiting through France to reach their country of origin or where they have their primary residence, accompanied by their spouse and children;

[ ] Third country nationals, who are holders of a French or European residence permit or valid long-stay visa, having their primary residence in France or transiting through France to reach their residence in a country of the European Union or assimilated;

[ ] Third country nationals, transiting less than 24 hours in an international area to reach their country of origin and who are holders of a travel document to this country;

[ ] Diplomatic mission staff, or international organisations staff working in headquarters or offices located in France, accompanied by their spouse and children;

[ ] Healthcare workers supporting the fight against Covid-19;

[ ] Flight and cargo crews, or travelling as a passenger to their departure base;

[ ] Foreign nationals ensuring the international carriage of goods;

[ ] Goods carriers including seamen.
The source of the form above, the "Attestation", is from this French government site:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...t-et-de-voyage

This form has stayed the same since the 20 of May 2020. The page above has a PDF, docx and flat text version in both French and English.

I plan similar travel soon as well--flying from the US via DFW to CDG as a dual national on AA. As an FYI for whoever may read this, there is a bit of a catch-22 with the AA web portal. It requires declaration of nationality along with passport details. I discovered that if I enter my French passport, the AA site automatically assumes I need an ESTA form for the return leg. As a US citizen, I do not have that. So to make the web portal happy, I entered the US passport details and assume I will need to show my French one at the counter prior to receiving a boarding card. I hope that helps someone.