FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Economy / 787 on domestic route
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:05 pm
EdmFlyBoi

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
I've seen conflicting info on this:

On a domestic (i.e. YYC-YYZ) 787-9 flight, is the PE cabin kept separate from the main economy cabin (i.e. with a curtain)?

Or do Economy passengers go in/out of the PE cabin to access the lavatories, effectively making Premium Economy nothing more than the front of a big Economy cabin?

I'll be flying through the summer and - in this time of COVID - I'm looking for my best option that will allow distancing from other pax and not have people walking by or queuing up for lavs near my seat. (Business is out of my budget, but PE is worth it -- provided that it's actually more than just a big seat at the front of the econo cabin. WS treats their three 787 cabins as three, distinct, separate cabins -- but they're only flying the 787 on certain days.)
AC's 787's have a PE lav at 2L between J and PE. The curtain set up essentially has the 2L lav for PE and the 2R lav for J. The flight attendants tend to enforce the lav for J but I am not sure about PE. Generally Y passengers are told to use the mid cabin or rear cabin lavs on long haul but I am not sure what has been happening since COVID.