FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Economy / 787 on domestic route
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2020, 12:27 pm
YXUFlyboy

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
On a domestic (i.e. YYC-YYZ) 787-9 flight, is the PE cabin kept separate from the main economy cabin (i.e. with a curtain)?
Or do Economy passengers go in/out of the PE cabin to access the lavatories, effectively making Premium Economy nothing more than the front of a big Economy cabin?
AC is running one 788 (sometimes 789) most days on this route. It is a mini-cabin but not separated by curtains. There are two lavs (one each aisle) that are not (or did not appear to be) for PE only, as there were only 3 of us in the cabin. However, you are very likely to be isolated in this cabin.

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
I'll be flying through the summer and - in this time of COVID - I'm looking for my best option that will allow distancing from other pax and not have people walking by or queuing up for lavs near my seat. (Business is out of my budget, but PE is worth it -- provided that it's actually more than just a big seat at the front of the econo cabin. WS treats their three 787 cabins as three, distinct, separate cabins -- but they're only flying the 787 on certain days.)
I've not had a chance to fly WS 789s yet, but it's not a separate cabin. It's a mini-cabin in front of economy. However, if you are trying to get some physical distance, then that will definitely do it. Last time I flew this route on a 788/789 a couple weeks ago, loads were low (30-40%) so even in economy it was not hard to distance.