FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any COVID updates for French Polynesia/Tahiti?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 8:36 am
susiesan

Programs: AA Gold
If getting test results back 72 days prior to boarding a flight becomes a problem for pax not starting in SFO, and people are cancelling their trips to French Polynesia, the government will have to respond and lessen up the testing requirements. With the 2 cruises starting up soon, Paul Gaugin and Windstar, they cannot afford to sail with empty ships. The majority of people flying to PPT do not live in LAX or SFO and will need to be tested in their hometowns. FP relies on tourism and they will need to accommodate visitors if they want them to come.

I have a Windstar cruise booked for Jan. 14, 2021 with final payment due Oct. 6. Right now I have only $100 deposit in the cruise. My plane tickets on UA are awards. If the testing will be a problem I will cancel my cruise before final payment, and cancel the UA tickets under the travel waiver and not have to pay a redeposit fee. I won't be out anything but FP will be out thousands of dollars from just one couple. Multiply this out by thousands and this is a financial crisis for FP.