FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris Orly Flights from USA?
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:59 pm
ISTJ

Originally Posted by Goldorak

Do not count too much on US flights in ORY in august IMHO, but I think that's the least of your concerns. If you really need to come to France, you should book to CDG on a major airline and not on "secondary airlines" that will very likely postpone the resumption of their flights or will go under (I have in mind La Compagnie, Level, etc). AF ORY-JFK flight will not come back before 5 Oct as per the last planning sent. French Bee has just announced their launch of ORY-EWR for mid-august (daily A359) which I find totally crazy unless they want to throw tons of cash through the window. I don't believe a second that it will happen.
To sum up, book to CDG on a major airline. You may face cancellations but there will be plenty of options for rebooking (this will not be the case on secondary airlines).
Any reason for this? Why is ORY closed but not CDG? I already booked two flights with frenchbee for August and lost them both to cancellations.

I notice that TAP is now flying EWR-ORY from 1st August but with a stop over in Porto. Unfortunately even transiting in portugal requires a negative covid test before you arrive. Does this covid test also apply to people with an EU passport transiting in portugal?