FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)
Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:23 am
Duke777

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lgjeff
This flight is in December and I know that COVID may change the A/C type before then, but I still want to maximize sleep on the current config.

Traveling with a companion who is currently in 4A.

I know to stay away from 1K, so our options are rows 3 or 4. I know the 3 aisles look down into economy, but any other downsides? People have remarked 4AB is very private (I assume 4KL too?). The lavs behind these seats are for Y pax-- does anybody know if they are able to congregate near 4AB or is that a nonissue? This seems like the most "remote" set of seats in a COVID-wary sense, but not if there is encroachment from those lavs.

Thanks in advance. I read through all 30 pages and almost got there, but couldn't find this exact scenario.
I’ve done 4KL coming back from Hawaii and found the lavs and galley were pretty noisy, especially if you’re on the aisle. I prefer flying backward (aircraft slightly pitches up) so I would go with row 3 and bring an eye mask.