FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022
Old Jul 18, 2020, 2:07 am
CosmicGirl

Originally Posted by not2017
I have had VS hold outbound ANA award seats for a week. We were trying to get a return to ORD from KIX. But ANA would not confirm that request. We easily then purchased tickets from Itami/ITM to NRT. NRT return flight to ORD had the seats we needed. Ticketing was completed one week after the initial phone call. I guess it depends on the agent...
I wouldn't count on them holding a seat that long. I called two weeks ago to change our dummy return dates to the real dates, but for some reason one of the tickets wasn't reissued with the other one. After roughly 48 hours ANA dropped the seat from the booking. Luckily, I was keeping track of things so I called right away to get it back. If I hadn't noticed we likely would've been stuck with separate flights as there was only one seat in F, and one in J. Another 40 hours after that it still had not been reissued. I called again and pressed the matter, as I didn't want to lose the seat once more. This agent kept me on hold until it had been reissued but it took 4 calls over 4 days in total to get it done. And mind you, this was not due to an incompetent agent because they were great.