FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (formerly Hard Rock Las Vegas) {US-NV}
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:40 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by kilo
Not to mention Hilton, LXR and Conrad to follow next year.
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
It's certainly interesting. I think the issue might be it's location off the strip. That's what the Hard Rock struggled with for years. Still, maybe enough of the Hilton market will stay...but, as others have mentioned, the new Hilton & Conrad look stunning and are on the strip....!​​​
you guys bring up great points. i was just setting up my virgin hotel profile in preparation for the vegas open later this year. its supposed to be around NOV. but lets see if that date holds due to the pandemic. not sure if a nov launch would be too successful. what a shame. love the virgin brand in general. lots of great business products under virgin so i hope this property does well.

the triple hilton threat via Resorts World is absolutely crazy monkey balls. when it was announced earlier this year, i was in disbelief. how can hilton launch a Hilton Resort, LXR and a Conrad all within one property? sounds like another SPG W and SLS confusion cluster disaster. time will tell. i will totally check it out and enjoy while its lasts. and with this pandemic, maybe some dates would be pushed or plans downsized.

also, you guys remember the Fontainebleau Las Vegas? wish that came to life. but after the 2008 bankruptcy, now it will be The Drew housing both marriott EDITION and JW. will see how that goes.