FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline Club Prices1986 Including Red Carpet Club
Old Jul 14, 2020, 10:27 pm
seat38a

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

As an annual member for most of that time, the RCC/UCs have never been known for the F&B but the past few years pre-COVID F&B was generally better than it had been for most of that time. Including some free bar items. And the initiation fee, greater than the annual fee in 1986, has generally been dropped or much smaller percentage. And crowding is nothing new.

Search "RCC" in United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) to find pretty much the same comments about RCCs as you see for UCs.

Originally Posted by 1984SW
I can't be 100% sure, but I think all the non-HNL RCCs had complimentary house drinks, but they weren't self pour. HNL left out the bottles and you helped yourself, and I remember thinking how odd that was at the time. I moved to Hawaii in 1979, and that's how it was then, but not sure how many years before it changed to non-self-serve.
I just saw the bolded text. I was born in 79 and in first grade in 86 so to me, if you all been enjoying airline lounges then and paying for it with your own money, then you're definitely an old timer to me, the wise and learned kind of course.