FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has DL Cut too many flights? Analysis and discussion of schedule cuts.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 2:02 pm
MCO Flyer

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I think it’s understandable for them to only add back 500 instead of 1000 flights in August due to the rising cases and somewhat decreased demand. BUT, whatever they do, I hope they don’t make the horrendous cuts they made in April/May/June that made travel on DL essentially impossible if your routing required a connection. The July network has been a vast improvement over the previous Covid months. Many red-eyes have returned and the network overall has domestic connectivity again.
I agree that the May/June schedules were terrible and a lot of the network connectivity was made impossible. The good news is while DL said bookings have “stalled,” they haven’t declined yet so I assume that no drastic schedule cuts will need to be done yet. I do worry that the eventual September schedule and beyond could bring back some of the May/June connectivity issues as I assume demand will drop significantly as leisure travel will fall as schools start to go back into session (either online or in-person) and there won’t be enough business travel yet to have some of the current schedule levels.