FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of UA's SFO-PVG operations, back to non-stop -- 30 Jan 2023
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:56 pm
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by deskover54
I think you can write a trip report w/o being critical of the govt. I'm super curious to hear your quarantine experience and compare it to mine. I've shared mine fairly publicly and as far as I know, am doing okay roaming around CN and not getting into any trouble.
Where can I find your sharings?

Originally Posted by amtrakusa
Hi UA_flyer, glad you made it to PVG. What is the visa process like? I thought all US citizens are pretty much banned from entering China. So it seems like there are circumstances where a visa can still be issued? are there places for more information? thanks!
a lot of information in the following thread particularly in the later pages.

Current China Entry policy

Originally Posted by kb1992
Between T-24 and when 857 took off, I was watching the upgrade situation closely.

I was also puzzled why WU J. jumped ahead of you and got upgraded first. It sounds fishy. I am not sure we should only blame some "order" issue with the airport list. The BRA J person's name did not show up on the upgrade list until suddenly he got upgraded. I was assuming he is a GS and changed his ticket to your flight in a last minute. Even that it's fuzzy.

When J was showing 58/60 booked, I wonder why you didn't call GS to grab it. Granted it might cost lot of money, but you were on company travel. One-way J fare was $16K.

Anyway, I won't take such a risk. If upgrade didn't clear the night before travel, I'll cancel and stay home.
Thanks!

I did not see “58/60”. When did you see it? From the images I posted above, J was always full! Each time I called, i was told it was full and none were available for sale.

Regarding paying $16K one-way for business on company travel, company travel policies do set ceiling for how much one can spend. At that price, it would be crazy!

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jul 13, 2020 at 4:04 pm