FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OS codeshare on ET GVA-VIE cancelled by OS, but ET still selling tix
Old Jul 13, 2020, 12:00 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
So, the next act in this soap opera. I sent my request for reimbursement of hotel/meals for the night in FRA and EC261 compensation to OS, got the reply today:Thank you for contacting Austrian Airlines. We regret the inconvenience on your trip.
Due to existing international guidelines, Ethiopean Airlines is responsible for your request.
Your letter was forwarded to the airline concerned. This will contact you directly after reviewing the facts.
We thank you for your patience and wish you a nice day.

This is obviously a delay tactic and passing on the hot potato to ET which shouldn't have anything to do with this. It is a simple matter of OS selling me a ticket they shouldn't have and the consequences that came out of it. What do you advise, that I play the game and wait, or reply firmly calling them out on their BS and saying that the flight operated that day and the GDS is showing that OS shouldn't have sold me the ticket in the first place? I feel that would save all parties concerned a lot of time and energy.

Thanks in advance...!
EC261 claims must always be made via the operating airline. So they are correct that your claim should be made with ET.

(7) In order to ensure the effective application of this Regulation, the obligations that it creates should rest with the operating air carrier who performs or intends to perform a flight, whether with owned aircraft, under dry or wet lease, or on any other basis.

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
just received an email from OS that my flight on Saturday GVA-VIE has been cancelled. Its the codeshare operated by ET that continues onto ADD. Curiously Google Flights still showing this flight (GVA-ADD with stop in VIE) on sale and ET website also still selling tickets. (Why did OS cancel it unilaterally only for their pax?)
Thanks!

Last edited by Finkface; Jul 13, 2020 at 12:06 pm