FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA stock price (IAG)
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:30 am
matticusbond

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by copenhagenBA
I sadly own a lot of this stock via my pension plan. It trades like a dog ... Wondering whether to cut my losses or just forget and hold till better times..
IMO, I would hold on. Unless you believe that IAG/BA are gonna go bankrupt or you need the liquidity, there's not much point in taking that loss. Given the pent up demand for travel, the airline industry will make a recovery (albeit likely a very slow one), and this stock will make up for lost ground. There are, of course, some potential headwinds on the horizon, including a second wave of covid that sends parts of the world back into lockdown. But there are also potential tailwinds including vaccination.

Personally, I'm actually buying into IAG at the moment. They're a very financially savvy org so I believe they will navigate the situation relatively well (and capitalize well on easing travel restrictions), and I'm also optimistic that come early 2021 a vaccine will be available and the price will rebound as demand and consumer confidence return.