FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taking our car with us to Europe for 3 months
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:14 pm
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I would look very hard to confirm the true total cost of doing this. I fully understand why you want to do this, and I think the LR2 is a good compromise on size. I’m a Land Rover fanatic and still have my LR3 purchased new.

Still, your insurance needs to be looked at, as well as time limits with registration as well. It took me double digit hours researching on shipping my large full-size pickup truck to Hawaii, and somehow I still missed a few things. Plus I spent double what you quoted just for one way. I didn’t find this info on FT, but exhausting research on my own. I’m pretty sure I drank heavily the night I finally completed everything for Hawaii just a couple of weeks pre COVID shut everything down, but that is a blur.😉

Back in my car sales days I sold a few American vehicles to a company in Germany, but the buyer handled all the shipping details so I can’t help.