FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 6 weeks of hotel reservations, down to 2 that won't cancel/refund
Old Jul 5, 2020, 10:41 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Sure you can collect money twice for the same hotel room or airline seat. It happens every day! I’m fairly certain a chargeback will fail but there is no harm in trying.
OT, but several years ago I had finished an engagement in CVG and was being dropped off at the airport when my phone rang. My boss asked if I could fly to DFW to cover something the next day. Cost did not matter as it was not coming out of our budget but out of the salesperson's budget because she caused the underlying mistake. The salesperson knew the walk-up fare would be high. The flight to DFW was boarding but the check-in agent was able to sell me the ticket for $1,500 o/w. As soon as the agent got the cc approval an announcement was made looking for a volunteer who would accept a $500 credit to fly the next day. The volunteer and I stood at the gate desk together while the paperwork was completed. He told me how great it was that he was getting $500 for a $199 ticket. I told him I was happy that I was able to get to DFW and we both agreed the airline was happy to come out $1,300 ahead of where they thought they would be when the flight started to board. Win-win-win.