FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARN-PVG with LX in business for €1095 rtn
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:12 pm
IstKong

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I've been watching fares out of ARN-CPH-OSL-GOT-HEL for months and I always have found at least a flight to BKK/HKG/SIN/CGK... between 1000€ and 1300€. I even saw Qatar to Singapore for 1200€, Finnair to SIN/HKG for 1100€, AF/KLM to SIN for the same price etc... And those are not LH group booking into P so they are much much more lucrative for miles/status.

LH/LX to Asia (mainland China included) in P class for this price is really normal from Scandinavian airports. You can sometimes even get this price from AMS/MAD/BCN...

So it is a pretty normal fare to Asia. Sure it is a good one, but it has been posted a lot of times here, because those ex-Scandinavia fares always comes back.

And given the uncertainty, I'm sure very few people are wanting to pay the same price for a ticket that has been around when everything was running normally.

I would not book anything in business class that is not heavily discounted, especially if this involves positioning, before all these uncertainties are gone (except for mandatory trips).

You don't know if you will be able to travel (with all the refund/reschedule/vouchers mess if there is still travel restrictions), and if you can travel, you don't know what kind of service you will have in J, what will be the value of the miles then, how lounges will operate, etc...

And unfortunately (and I regret it very much), things are not looking to improve quickly pandemic-wise, and December is not that far away in the calendar. I'm not even sure we will have transatlantic travel resuming for tourists/short business visit by December between EU and USA, so to Asia...