FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has DL Cut too many flights? Analysis and discussion of schedule cuts.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 8:51 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Booked a flight to MCO back in May. Best option at the time was a 12:54 flight. Checking on 6/29, I found DL had reinstated the 10:20 AM flight which fit my schedule better. There was an upcharge but I went ahead and paid it. Flash forward less than one week later and I get the dread "There has been a change to your flight" email. You guessed it, 10:20 now gone and I'm back on the 12:54. Fortunately, Diamond line gave me an e credit for the upcharge, but how does DL put a flight up for purchase then pull it 6 days later???

And, yes, I know that there are schedule changes on the first Saturday of the month but the 10:20 was "reinstated" the last Saturday in June then pulled.
You might want to take a look at what's going on in Florida right now. Situations can change rapidly. Not really surprising that airlines would react to those changes which can dramatically affect demand on short notice. Similar issues going on now with international flights.