FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about flight to Europe
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2020, 6:13 pm
southlondonphil

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bswt2
I am a E.U. Citizen and my wife is a U.S. citizen (she should fall under the family member exception).
As an EU/Schengen citizen you are (per TIMATIC and my current understanding) allowed in to Greece, and your wife likewise as a spouse of an EU/Schengen citizen however there are probably not enough people in your circumstance to warrant Delta running the originally-booked flight..

Your booking should update in the next couple of days, and you should be offered a re-route by DL to get you to your destination, however it might be a good idea to research possible alternative routes yourself so that you can call them up and ask them to re-book you into something that is convenient for you rather than whatever random alternative they might come up with. Delta or codeshares on Air France / KLM via Paris or Amsterdam look feasible on ITA Matrix for your outbound date of 25th with only a short layover in CDG/AMS so ideally re-booking on alternative routes won't present insurmountable problems for you.

Be aware that there might be additional preventative health measures (e.g. 'quarantine' or self-isolation) in force for arrivals from your location that you will still need to comply with ( per IATA "2. Passengers are subject to medical screening and quarantine for 1 or 14 days." - exactly how many days will probably depend on where you came from, where you've been recently, and what passport you hold).