FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Era UA inflight service changes {Archive}
Old Jul 4, 2020, 4:28 pm
nkwal

Programs: United 1K, Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold
Flew in Polaris from FRA-IAD on the Dreamliner on July 3. Ice and coffee were back. Liquor too. I asked for champs but FA thinks since the turn around was in FRA, it just wasn’t loaded. All blankets and pillows were there. Wore mask when getting on and off plane and going to bathroom. Didn’t inside my pod.

Lounge in FRA was still closed.

First meal was nipbips or whatever they also hand out in economy. Lunch was beef (was soooo delicious, I was starving and didn’t take a pic), fish, chicken or pasta. They had snacks and bottled water out during flight. No ice cream. Snack before landing was a disgusting Gouda sandwich. Had one bite and thought I’d puke. No IPA. Had 5 other beers. But they rarely have the IPA on way back to USA.

Business was fully booked. But was about 12 non-rev coming back to USA after doing a charter flight. And lots of people going home for holiday. Most of the crew was inattentive. I was annoyed but then had two nice FA for service. No thanks for flying, no thanks for being 1K, didn’t call me by my name when taking my order. Wasn’t worth as much as I paid sadly.

When waiting for my ride one of the nice FAs came out. She was also disgusted by the lunch. She told me to call and complain. And I saw family take their Saks pillows and blankets off. I was stunned by this.

Flying IAD-FRA on July 11. I’m curious to see difference from then.