FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 4, 2020, 1:31 pm
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Yea my main concerns are bars being closed and restaurants being closed or closing too early (before midnight). As to global entry ... They are actually advising applicants the only way to complete the interview is enrollment on entry so I don't see why they would enroll someone on entry but revoke it for someone else ya know.

As to my experience at other zivas and zilaras there is usually only one bar that makes really good high quality drinks and the rest are just ok. For example the piano bar at the ziva in Montego Bay was the only good cocktail I had at the zilara or ziva down there. I would hate for the good bar to be closed or close at like 10 or something
Sounds like you’ve never been to this property. If your looking for nightlife this Ziva is never very active after 10pm. I wouldn’t advise it (10+ stays there). Besides 24 hour (mediocre) dining you wouldn’t find restaurants open in normal
times.

As for the bar, most of them have everything. It’s very standardized. That said, I’m not obsessed with getting the highest end “stuff.” Give me Belvedere and I’m fine (and it’s at all the bars).

With regard to the CPB, your explicitly ignoring US State Department guidance if you leave the US for leisure travel. If ignoring procedures isn’t a reason to pull global entry (which specifies that you follow all guidance) then I don’t know what is.... But who knows, they might ignore you. We aren’t going to risk it but you can!