FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed AMEX does Not have my back with fraud
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:34 pm
kanayan

Exclamation Disappointed AMEX does Not have my back with fraud

Very disappointed to say American Express no longer stands by its customers in the event of fraud. They used to be great at it, but not anymore. I've had multiple AmEx cards for over 20 years (currently carry 4). Recently I bought a service from a company to operate my Amazon store on a daily basis for 12 months. They listed products they knew to be in direct violation of Amazon's policies and then ceased operations on my account 2 days later. Amazon immediately suspended my store directly due to the products they listed (documented). I have the CEO on voicemail admitting he has been unable to operate his business because his partner left and locked him out of their systems. I had split the cost of the service across 2 American Express cards. When I launched the dispute, one card issued the chargeback immediately, while the other repeatedly declined my chargeback. Not even their own internal teams agree! DO NOT TRUST American Express to help you in the case of fraud. They no longer have your back.