FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:16 am
FriscoHeavy
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmj9905
cslovacek thanks for the information. I think we flew that same route about three years ago and you are right it's not that bad.
Absolutely!

My wife and I are HUGE Q-Suite fans, but let's not kid ourselves. When you are trying to sleep, lie-flat is lie-flat when it comes to Business Class Seating. What sets the Q-Suite apart is immense privacy, which we enjoyed tremendously. However, from a straight up sleeping perspective, it doesn't matter whether is has the door enclosure or not.

I will say that both flights: Q-Suite and Non Q-Suite, the stewards and stewardesses were simply amazing. They truly made the flights what they were. Shortly before landing in Doha, the steward came by, asked if we had a nice flight, etc and he got to chatting with my wife and me. We mentioned we were spending the night in Doha before continuing on. He wrote down a list of things for us to do AND gave us his phone number in case anything came up or we had any questions. Truly, a great guy..

Another part of the great experience (non airplane related), was when we came back the following morning to check into Doha. Having our own dedicated check-in hall, passport control and screening at 5:00 am was fantastic. We didn't have any bags to check (as they were thru-checked from origin), so we just walked straight through. I believe there might have been one other couple checking their bags, but the serenity and service were absolutely fantastic.

I dream about the day we can do it again (February 2022) and I'll be searching for flights starting in March of next year. Our AA Miles are ready to go

Last edited by FriscoHeavy; Jul 1, 2020 at 7:24 am