FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:09 am
Dominic14

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Does anyone know how to get hold of BA Executive club contacts regarding a status upgrade?

My wife is on 580 Tier points with her earning year ending 8 July. We had a return leg from DXB booked in April which was changed several times and then cancelled and ended up stuck in Dubai for 6 weeks. Unfortunately BA have not yet resumed flights and so we were forced to return on an emirates repatriation flight in May.

Had we been able to take that flight she would have reached 600 Tier points. For obvious health, safety and government linguine reasons we did not book a Tier point run flight within Europe.

When receiving our refund we were advised that BA would honor the 35 Tier points on the return booking but as yet this has not happened. We have also submitted several queries but with no reply and we are unable to get through on the phones.

I completely understand the current unprecedented scenario and the need to see to other more urgent customer queries. However having always been very loyal to BA over the years we would be upset if there wasn't any way of honoring the Tier points for our return leg or at least extending the earning period.

I welcome any advice on this matter and whether there is anything we can do in the next 7 days.

Thanks