FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus impact in Japan [consolidated]
Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:52 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by jib71
Yes. That's why I prefaced my comment with the disclaimer that the situations are not exactly the same. But treating the newborn child of two residents as a threat to American jobs is kind of dumb and cruel in a uniquely Trumpy sort of way, don'tcha think? I don't deny that each country's crappy rules are crappy in ways that are only conceivable in the countries that came up with them . My point is merely that brutal family separations and sloppy legislation exist, even in "advanced countries."
With the EU's new rules about people with principal residence in the US not being allowed to enter, you can expect a few more cases where people whose circumstances fall on the wrong side of the blunt measures that governments are hurriedly standing up.
<Quick sidebar> Do you have a link for the wording of the EU's rules. From what you wrote I just grew noticeably in confidence about my European trip at the end of the year.