FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Outbound flight cancelled - will the inbound remain intact?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:58 pm
headingwest

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CaroFos
Hi there.. bit of a newbie with Aegean.. just had a flight cancelled on 15th July and the email said 'segment' cancelled. does this mean that I can still use the inbound (this goes against all my understanding of ticketing) .... can't get through to Aegean to speak with them and unlikely to be able to use a voucher. I'd rather rebook the outbound on another carrier and use the inbound still if I can - whilst getting a refund on the outbound .. Any thoughts / info much appreciated...

Also, any tips of best time of day to call Aegean?

Many thanks
CF
Well I'm not an expert on these matters but I'd say that you won't be able to fly the inbound segment because the cancellation has made the ticket invalid. Under normal circumstances (i.e. non-COVID times) you would be able to ask Aegean if for the cancelled segment they can rebook you onto another carrier. I believe that EC261/2004 helps you in that respect. They could say that it's not possible, but I think if you insist they would have to do it if they can't get you to your destination within 24 hours on one of their flights.

A refund will not be possible at this time because they (Aegean or the Greek government) have stitched customers up. A voucher would be the only other option unfortunately.