FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {ESP}
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:17 pm
kyushuman

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by hugolover
All standard rooms blocked for redemption by hotel until June 2021. Not one night in a Guest Room to be found. June 2021 is that far out because the hotel didn't get around to blocking them yet. I'm sure in a few days that will be fixed.

You're forced to do a premium redemption. Standard rooms here are Twin Guest and Single Guest. Single is a con, a bit like Comfort Rooms at Aleph. At least Aleph don't block their standard room(s).

Other two BCN Hilton's are naturally wide open.

I've raised it. I wonder if Hilton will do anything about it?
Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, another not-that-impressive hotel, does the same: blocks all standard awards. Hilton knows and does nothing. I think that sends a message about hotel management more than anything, that is how it thinks of its customers (poor elite treatment, not allowing standard room awards even in low season). Yuck.
I stayed here when it was a Doubletree; it was getting renovated at the time, so most of the lobby was walled off and breakfast was in a side room on the second floor. As others have stated, the location is absolutely great; rooms and hotel are not impressive. If it's expensive I'd look elsewhere. If the price is right, the location is near tourist stuff but very near neighborhoods with amazing restaurants and shops.