FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EU promises “We will have a summer tourist season” [for travellers from Europe]
Old Jun 30, 2020, 12:49 pm
yvrcnx

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by mcbg1
You're Canadian. Why do you care whether Europeans can come here or not? I'm glad we have the option to travel there. Wishing we get put on the banned list just for that reason is very selfish.
I am Canadian but I also have family all over Europe and while I love Canada, I find it an unfair practice to not reciprocate but I should also qualify that I don't mean 'banning Canada' as a punishment but rather a logical result taken by the European Union if Canada in the next 2 weeks decides not to let Europeans into the country or at least give a time line.

What I find disappointing is that it is such a blanket rule and there isn't even an effort made (maybe there is but we obviously don't see what is going on in parliament) to try to see if 'select' EU countries might be able to enter Canada.
Believe me I would be more than happy to fly to Europe in July and wouldn't mind to self quarantine for 2 weeks upon return but I find it honestly more selfish to be allowed as a Canadian citizen to enter the EU but telling my family and friends in Europe that they are not able to enter Canada unless they self quarantine.

I also wonder if there will even be flights from/to Europe we can book without having to go via YYZ or YUL as the only nonstop from YVR currently is the AC operated daily to LHR. Lufthansa was going to start service from Frankfurt to YVR using an A330 from July 5th but I wonder if that will be postponed as I can't imagine they can fill the aircraft with just Canadians flying to Europe and even then would have to fly an almost empty plane to YVR.

Last edited by yvrcnx; Jun 30, 2020 at 1:07 pm